Need some job search advice or guidance? Need a professional sounding board?
Whether it be reviewing your resume or cover letter, compiling your referees, assisting you with interview preparation or psychometric assessments … talk to one of our Let’s Talk Career Counsellors and Coaches to receive professional job search advice.
Prepare with us, practice on us, and position yourself at your absolute best when it matters.
We understand the Australian labour market like the back of our hand, and we understand what organisations, recruiters and HR Managers are looking for in today’s times.
Using a career counsellor as a sounding board can be extremely useful for individuals who are trying to navigate their career paths. A career counsellor is trained to help individuals identify their strengths, interests and values, and then use that information to guide them towards finding a career that is fulfilling and rewarding. Here are some reasons why using a career counsellor as a sounding board is helpful:
1. Objective advice: A career counsellor can provide objective advice that is not influenced by personal biases or opinions. They can help individuals to see things from a different perspective and provide clarity on difficult decisions.
2. Career assessment: A career counsellor can administer career assessments that provide insight into an individual’s personality, interests, skills and values. This information can be used to identify potential career paths that align with their strengths and preferences.
3. Career exploration: A career counsellor can help individuals explore different career options and provide information on the job market, salary expectations, and education or training required for different careers.
4. Goal setting: A career counsellor can help individuals set realistic and achievable career goals. They can also provide guidance on how to create a plan of action to achieve those goals.
5. Networking: A career counsellor can help individuals develop networking skills, which is essential for career advancement. They can provide tips on how to build professional relationships and make connections in their industry.
6. Interview preparation: A career counsellor can provide guidance on how to prepare for job interviews, including how to answer common interview questions, how to dress appropriately, and how to make a good first impression.
Using a career counsellor as a sounding board is useful for individuals who are trying to figure out their career paths. A career counsellor can provide objective advice, administer career assessments, help with career exploration, goal setting, networking, and interview preparation. By working with a career counsellor, individuals can gain insight into their strengths and preferences and find a career that is fulfilling and rewarding.
If you need the assistance of a career counsellor (https://www.letstalkcareer.com/career-counselling/), please get in touch today (https://www.letstalkcareer.com/contact-us/). Sessions start at $250+gst per hour.
Let’s Talk Career is a leading Australian career counselling, career coaching and outplacement services organisation. We have coaches in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, and Perth. We also undertake video based and phone counselling for clients in Tasmania, Canberra, remote Australia and, in fact, throughout the world.