Looking for new books to read this Summer to get inspired and motivated about your career?
Have a look at this list of 13 of the best below, put together by our team of experienced career coaches.
1. 4 Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss.
2. The pleasure and sorrows of work, Alain de Botton
3. What Colour is Your Parachute? Dick Bolles
4. ‘Fired to Hired, The Guide to Effective Job Search for the Over 40s‘, Paul di Michael
5. How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
7. Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
8. Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell
9. The Desire Map – A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul – Danielle la Porte
10. The Power of Intention, Dr Wayne Dwyer
11. Finding Your Own North Star, Martha Beck
12. Big Magic – Creative living Beyond Fear, Elizabeth Gilbert
13. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
And, if you need even more reading ideas, we’ve put together a second list below which are by authors who will be presenting at the Happiness and Its Causes Conference in Sydney in April.
1. Unleash Learning, Dr William DeJean
2. I Had a Black Dog, Matthew Johnstone
3. The Myths of Happiness, Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky
4. The How of Happiness, Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky
5. Flesh Wounds, Richard Glover
6. Raising Baby Green, Dr Alan Greene MD
7. Feeding Baby Green, Dr Alan Greene MD
8. A Leaf in the Wind, Thubten Gyatso (Dr Adrian Feldmann)
9. The Perfect Mirror, Thubten Gyatso (Dr Adrian Feldmann)
10. Truth and Illusion, Thubten Gyatso (Dr Adrian Feldmann)
11. Happier, Dr Tal Ben-Shahar
12. Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy, Dr Tal Ben-Shahar
13. Lasting Fulfillment, Dr Tal Ben-Shahar