Outplacement & Career Transition Services- Australia wide.
What is Outplacement?
Outplacement services, also known as career transition services, are typically offered by caring and people centric Companies who wish to ensure that their employees who are exiting their organisation involuntarily are provided with professional job search support.
How we work
Organisations purchase a program based on the number of sessions, with our smallest package being 3 sessions. Each session is one hour in length, and can be conducted in person, via phone or via video conference (Zoom).
The client determines how frequently they would like to meet their Career Coach. In some instances this is weekly, fortnightly or monthly. In some cases clients decide to double their sessions and have a two hour session on the one day. Every one is different. Our sessions have a 2 year time expiry allowing plenty of time for the client to access and use our services, depending on their own unique situation.
Let’s Talk Career works one-on-one with individuals, tailoring their program to best support them, because we know everyone has different job search skills, knowledge, experiences, seniorities, occupations, strengths and interests.
The client determines where they would like to focus their program each session. Often some individuals start wanting to reflect on the types of role they want next, and then move to resumes. Others start by focusing on their personal values and what makes them most fulfilled in the work setting. Others again, may start at “I have a coffee meeting on Wednesday, how do I explain my current situation?”. And of course many start with “I need a resume”. Everyone is different and we tailor the session to their area of need at the time.
Topic content may include:
- Coping with Change;
- Re-evaluating what you want from your career/life;
- Resume Writing;
- Job Searching;
- The Hidden Job Market;
- Interviewing Skills;
- Understanding the Role of Recruitment Agencies;
- Psych Testing and Reference Checking Tips;
- Negotiating an Offer;
- Personal Fitness;
- Starting a business;
- Portfolio careers;
- Transition to retirement
What is included
As part of our outplacement service, we provide our clients with
- One on one career coaching in line with the package purchased (with a 24 month expiry on all sessions);
- Access to our online resource materials to support their job search education for 2 years;
- Very recently we launched an online members community where individuals can connect with others who are interested in growing their careers. Our outplacement clients are invited to this online community. There they will have regular free access to an online career coach for advice as needed for 1 year.
Where we are based
We work throughout Australia with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Far North Queensland. Locations outside these cities are serviced by video based conferences and phone based coaching effectively. If you have a need anywhere in Australia, please get in touch and we will endeavour to support you.
Who we are
We are an Australian owned and operated business, established in 2012, by a collective of professional career coaches who saw a gap in the market for providing quality tailored support. Our content is tailored for the Australian & NZ job markets. All our coaches have over 10 years experience in the career counselling, human resources or executive coaching space. Many our CDAA (professional association) members.
Who our Clients are
We have worked with blue collar/unskilled individuals through to senior executives including CEO level candidates. We work with all industries including (but not limited to) technology, manufacturing, professional services and not for profits. We tailor our approach, content, and our coaches, to best suit each client.
Our package pricing model per client:
- 3 x (1 hour) sessions for $1200+gst;
- 5 x (1 hour) sessions for $1999+gst;
- 9 x (1 hour) sessions for$3450+gst ;
- 13 x (1 hour) sessions for $4750+gst; or
- 24 x (1 hour) sessions 8,650+gst.